Welcome to the blog!

We are two people, one dog and three legs...well technically ten. But this is our story about going through life with some obstacles we have to maneuver and how we go about doing just that! And by the way, our life is fewer obstacles and more awesomeness. Stay tuned for more awesomeness...

Monday, February 27, 2012

Oscar winner

On my way to work today there was a boy walking with his mother in front of me. He had a Star Wars t-shirt on! I am glad the trend transcends culture. His mom eventually taught him to say "Good morning Madame" to me. It brightened my day.

Today was a shorter day at work for me because the peds surgeon was not in for the day, so after morning handover I went to physiotherapy (Physical therapy) and spent time with the children with CP. It was very eye opening, and there was a boy with severe hydrocephalus.

In the afternoon I took a walk to la Caverna/Mandala House where I drank a latte and had Gelatto on the porch during a rain storm. I felt a bit like Karen Blixen on her porch in Kenya. It was beautiful.

This evening was the annual Oscar party, so we got gussied up and went to Chez Mackie, a beautiful restaurant just outside of downtown Blantyre overlooking one of the hills outside of town. Plenty of fun, and laughter. Malawi Carlsberg makes a beer called Kuche Kuche, which is a bit like Natty Light but we were entertained by the label. Dana and I tied for second so we may get an African version of Oscar. Thanks Academy, for this wonderfully fun night!!!

Chez Mackie


The star wars fan


Jeff enjoying his kuche kuche


The walk home from work


Dana and I at the party

No comments:

Post a Comment