Welcome to the blog!

We are two people, one dog and three legs...well technically ten. But this is our story about going through life with some obstacles we have to maneuver and how we go about doing just that! And by the way, our life is fewer obstacles and more awesomeness. Stay tuned for more awesomeness...

Sunday, April 10, 2011

DSO and Car trouble

This weekend Carl has been in our nations capital, and I've been here in Detroit. On Friday..well actually Thursday, my car overheated so I had to figure out how to get a rental, get my car to the shop, get the dog to day camp, all before nine when I had to be in Sterling Hts for my last day of my peds rotation. It made me realize that I really cannot do this on my own... And that it's much more fun and simpler with help. What I'm saying is I am so glad that I have Carl to share my life with...the good times and the car broken down for the third time in a month times. Also, it was nice to read that Sandra McCracken's minivan wouldn't start today...so even fairly famous people who sometimes don't seem real have these types of problems. Then on Saturday when I had returned the rental and got into Carl's car to drive up to see his parents the check engine light was on...I cannot win.
Today I attended the free DSO Concert...it made me cry a little at the beginning. It is so nice to have such treasures in a city that people often only call fowl. The beauty and discussion through music was excellent and it felt like we were back in the days when Detroit was one of the most populous cities in the world. They played Dvorsak's New Wonders which I think is an appropriate welcome back concert. They played to a packed house and came back for an encore. I'm sure it gave the musicians tears as well.



- Posted using BlogPress from my Phone

Location:Michigan Ave,Detroit,United States

1 comment: