Welcome to the blog!

We are two people, one dog and three legs...well technically ten. But this is our story about going through life with some obstacles we have to maneuver and how we go about doing just that! And by the way, our life is fewer obstacles and more awesomeness. Stay tuned for more awesomeness...

Monday, January 23, 2012

A year of new things

I just stumbled across a friend of mine's blog www.yearofnewthings.com and fell in love with the idea. Did you know that cities that rank highest on life satisfaction polls are ones that have plenty of opportunity for adult learning and new experiences. I think Detroit is a secret bastion of these types of experiences and so I'd like to join the new thing a week bandwagon.

A few things that might be on my list:
Do some street art/ mural painting
Sing a solo
Shoot a gun (at a target in a very controlled environment)
Live in Africa
Buy a house?
Go to Vegas/gamble a little bit
Try the paleo diet for a week
Be a doctor
Learn Spanish
Knit a sweater

I'm open to suggestions. And obviously not all of these can be accomplished in only one week. But I may try to do this. This week I think it's safe to use a med school requirement as my new thing.
I had never ridden in an ambulance until today. So far the day has been slow and we only transported one patient but I am doing something new and learning a new environment and perspective. Maybe if I say enough of the jinx worlds, like "slow" or "quiet day" then we will get more urgent calls. Until then it gave me the opportunity to write this blog from the back of an ambulance.

No comments:

Post a Comment