Welcome to the blog!

We are two people, one dog and three legs...well technically ten. But this is our story about going through life with some obstacles we have to maneuver and how we go about doing just that! And by the way, our life is fewer obstacles and more awesomeness. Stay tuned for more awesomeness...

Sunday, June 12, 2011

Aging




As I have a little time to think lately I've been pondering all my life milestones. Here I am coming home from a weekend of celebrating my nephew's graduation from high school. The same nephew who I remember holding a week after he was born. It was an important moment for me to be a part of as I know my father, his grandfather, would've tried his hardest to get us all there. And I've been thinking a lot about Dad (*grandpa) lately. 2012 will mark the tenth anniversary of his death.
2012 and my 29th year also marks a few other milestones: graduation from medical school, five years of living as an amputee, five years of marriage, my ten year high school reunion, five year Albion reunion and my brother Jon will be getting married, as well. It is exciting and scary at the same time. I am pretty sure high school graduate me would've never guessed the way my life has turned out so far. Never thought of medical school or that I would live the majority (God willing) of my life as an amputee.
Many friends are getting married or having babies this year as well. I, myself am starting to get a stitch of the baby fever...but all in good time.
So overall, I can't complain. I am blessed with loving family and moderately good health, a future career and a partner who I adore, living in a city that I love. I wish that my nephew Pete, even if life in ten years is not as he guessed it, is blessed and content in life. Good Luck next year Pete! We are so proud!!! - Posted using BlogPress from my Phone

Location:Chimney Oak Dr,San Antonio,United States

No comments:

Post a Comment